Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Upstairs phase Complete

Let me tell you what a whole new world I'm sleeping in (guess living in too). Not only am I off the air mattress and on my big most comfy bed but I get to walk around with bare-feet "yyyyesssss". Were on the final stretch to a long long long break. (did I mention a long break coming up) This past week my brother-in-law (Chris Card) and my dashingly handsome husband started and finished our upstairs flooring. And boy does it look fantastic. What a pick me up new floors can do for construction living. I can hardly wait for the floors downstairs to be completed. I wanna pee I'm so excited. Anyway a big big big thank-you goes out to Chris for all his hard work this past weekend it was much appreciated. Tony and I are very greatful.

Now I'd like to talk briefly about my new admiration and respect for my big sister being a mother of 3. HOLY COW, so with Chris being at my house all weekend my job was to help my sister with the kids. Easy you'd say..... relaxing you'd say.... quality time you'd say.....

Ya, you would say all that and more, but you weren't there. After about 29 hours of what I thought would be a piece of cake or at least a chance for somewhat of downtime turned out to be the most exhausting, non-stop, mild mental breakdown and the question of the day. "Nikki, How do you do this EVERYDAY?" with a bit of tears in my eyes. And when she told me I could go home I actually couldn't leave, I couldn't leave my sister with 3 kids on her own. I couldn't fathem the thought of her doing this all by herself, not for 1 hour, 1 day, or 1 month. I honestly don't know how she does it. Please don't get me wrong I love my nieces and nephews and they are my whole world I wouldn't trade or givem up. Not for a nano second. But 3 kids all-day everyday takes an extrodinary woman.... my sister.

Well with that said, here are some pics of our floors. And anxiously awaiting for the rest to be finished.

Loves
Christy










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to make a note to all that "and my dashingly handsome husband" was just a pitty comment because she forgot to add me and didnt really realize how much work I actually did.

Unknown said...

lol... tony!!! pity comment...

gorgeous, gorgeous! i love that flooring choice - looks amazing all laid out. i think i saw a snap of it on your phone, and that definitely didn't do it justice.

and, as for your sister, DAMN! i have no idea how she does it, and what a good sister you are for helping out. :)

love and miss you!
sass

Anonymous said...

Wow it's looking really great! so wonderful!
Christine

Followers