Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Birthday Recap

Well for a birthday I was expecting to be low key sure turned out better then I could have imagined. It all started with the Festival of Beer as it has for the past 2 years now, a tradition that I'd like to continue every year after. With Tony and I going it alone and jumping around from booth to booth trying out different brands and smoking stoggies, even bummed a colt off a girl at one point. This truly kicked off the birthday celebration. The weather held for most of the day until we hit the Taste of the Danforth on the way home. So to get out of the rain, my warm hearted husband in an effort to appease me suggested "All-You-Can-Eat" Sushi..... yes you read right. I know Sushi at the Taste of the Danforth, we're officially dumbies. lol If it's any consolation the sushi was terrible.







So on the wednesday (my official Bday) Tony brought home some Roti's and all I wanted to do was eat and hang out at the beach. So hang out is what we did. On the Thursday which I didn't get pics of, Bobby slept over and we ordered Indian (ummmm butter chicken) and drank lots of wine and sat out in the backyard and totally just chilled out.




The Argo's Game: So this marks my first LIVE football game of my life, while I have started a tradition in the most recent years with January 1 as the College football slash drinking beer with Poopie all day. I was very excited to watch a game live. It was a perfect Friday night. Oh ya and we saw Pinball Clements and this how the conversation went.

Tony yelling: Christy, Christy, Christy take his picture!
Me: Who is that?
Tony says: It doesn't matter take his picture.
(Me taking random pics of guy hugging people - Pinball turns around - me feeling caught red handed taking pictures like I'm new.)

Me: I'm so sorry I don't know who you are, but I was asked to take your picture.
(Pinball turns for me to take a real picture.)

Super nice guy. Me feeling like a dork telling him I don't know who he is. Priceless. Great moment of the evening for sure.







And last but not least but any means "The Birthday Party". So what was suppose to be close friends and family, turned out to be family. A very small intimate family party was perfect and just what I needed. On the hottest day of the year (I think) we all sat around told the cycle of "Remember When" stories that never get old, while most of them started with mine of course we sure got a little bit of everyone. I think there is still the case of "Did Nikki drink all the Woody's" ;)










Now I want everyone to meet "Dalton" although I have not forgotten Pearl nor has she been replaced in my heart. This is my trusty side kick. Thanks to my mom, poopie, becca, nikki and chris for every present between now and my next birthday you guys ROCK. I will never forget this moment. EVER.
And I have officially gotten a round trip on him. Let me tell you how pumped I was to see him waiting for me after work yesterday. lol Mind you the $150 lock better have worked for that price. Oh and also for the record I made it home in 35 minutes including the walk up Silver Birch. Pretty fast if I do say so myself. That's give or take 16km. Oh and my "Ass" is SORE. Alls fair in love and war, right.



All in all my birthday this year was so much more then I ever ever ever expected. Thank you to everyone who called, txt'd, emailed, used snail mail and wished me a happy birthday. It wouldn't have been the same without all of you.

Cheers,
The Birthday Girl xoxoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look like an idiot smoking that cigar...meh what can I do.

Glad you had a good week. I told you it was a big deal.

~TN~

Anonymous said...

hey baby - you sure did have a good time. You guys really are none stop.
Looked like a lot of fun overall :)

Love you so much - and I can say HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!!!

Andge xoxoxo

Mary said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTY!!!

Looks like you had a great weekend!!

Sending you all sorts of love, hugs, and squeezes.

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy! I hope you had a great birthday looks like you had so much fun! Happy Belated Birthday!
xox love you oxoxox

Christine

luna pie said...

I've gotta say that helmet look really suits you!!!
Looks like an amazing time... wish I could've been there to celebrate with you.

And OH MY GOD I so remember the horrible ass pain after the first few bike rides, but let me tell ya, if you ride it enough you will develop an 'ass callous' ... heheh, sexy thought, huh???

LOVE YOU!!!

AND love your new camera and all the snaps you've taken with it... we'll have to have a photo-trip next time i come home.

xoxox Sass

Followers