Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Put A Little Love In Your Heart

One Month!! Are you kidding me, first of all it feels like just yesterday that I started training let alone on my 4th week. I have really grown to LOVE LOVE LOVE spinning. For me I am very much an individual sports kinda girl, and also very competitive. Spinning has this ZONE about it - like when you get a great song and centre yourself it just seems like your legs take control and start to giver and then right at the end when you feel like they're slowing down thats when your mental strength kicks in.

And so.... I have this one instructor and he's this HUGE guy and nothing but muscle, kinda reminds be of the Burly Brawny Man with darker complexion anyway I tell you this cause I want you to picture this DUDE like a DUDE, DUDE and his class is amazing and every monday so far he ends with this mixed song of Dolly Parton's "Put a Little Love in Your Heart" and "Hallelujah" It is so empowering I have almost been brought to tears at the end of my class from pure adrenaline and overwhelming feeling of success.

So I have been spinning regularly 3 times a week and there has definitely been some give and take between morning or nights, weekday or weekends. I have to admit I love the evening spin, it really lets me unwind from my busy work day. The mornings are pretty tough and normally I only do them if I feel there is a chance I can't make it in the evening. I have been contemplating on my 2nd month of training and instead of 4 days of spinning to add either running or something else that will lengthen my muscles. I really don't want bulk up too much and I'd like to be left with longer leaner muscles. Any thoughts out there?

I know in my earlier post I had mentioned weight and measurements, I also mentioned my refusal to adapt my eating habits too extremely. Well I'm happy to report that I am down 4 lbs. I have lost .5" in my arms as well as around my bust. Why not my ass and my stomach I do not know but at least it's something and I am not complaining!

All this training is in preparation for my 200 km RIDE To Conquer Cancer. I need to raise $2500 before I am able to ride.
If you would like to donate you can do so with the link below, every little bit helps.
http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR/Events/Toronto2010?px=2185129&pg=personal&fr_id=1311

Thank you so much in advance
Christy - All for One

1 comment:

Blaze said...

Awesome. Definitely donating!

Seana (Sarah's cousin)

Followers