Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How are you feeling?

Wow, I never thought I would be asked by so many people how I was feeling, funny how that is because I am pregnant. However, I also am a contributor to this frequently asked question as well, and the more I think about it, this is a very LOADED question. I guess it is why most woman reply with a courteous; "I'm doing well" or "pretty good all par for the course". I have definitely used those 2 the most.

But as for the question itself; How Do You Feel? Well... are you asking me emotionally or physically, perhaps both? Do you really want to know? You are probably asking to be polite, or when you have just run into that said person on our way to another destination. So a polite response is "I'm doing great, all par for the course thank you for asking." This allows you to carry on to your final destination or save you from a long winded monologue you never saw coming.

I am in my 25th week and back to the question, How are you feeling?

Emotionally
Describing this is a lot harder then I thought it would be, I go through most days unfazed of what will be the rest of my life in a mere 4 more months. I would say for the most part I get wrapped up in the cute outfits, stuffed animals and pretty nursery decor. Things that don't really require me to acknowledge the long term investment rapidly growing inside. There are moments that I find myself blurting out to Tony, "I can't believe we are having a baby." It's so easy to make things appear picture perfect with great nursery decor, pictures hung on the walls, the pretty basinet, cute I love daddy and I love mommy outfits. But to be honest I have no clue what we are doing, what we need, or what this new chapter brings. I know that the beginning will most likely be tough, that there will be good days and a fair share of bad ones, and that I will move heaven and earth to raise our child with our beliefs. I know that I may not come out of this experience the same person I went into it with, but I do know that I love my husband, I love my baby and together we will do our best.

I guess to sum it up, we will be "flying by the seat of our pants" or if you prefer, we will "make it up as we go along."
OMG, I can't believe I'm having a BABY! ;)... but seriously... OMG.

Physically
There is a lot less physical in me these days then I have ever experienced (not even during my freshman 48 lb days - True Story). I am usually a girl always on the go, and my weekends are more times then not jam packed morning to night with lots of visits with family and friends. Usually if you want to see me there is a 4wk waiting period (dead serious). It has been this way for a very long time, I remember even as a little girl I hated the feeling that I missed out on some spectacular moment or event in time that I would never get back. You take that and add work along with regular around the house tasks of cleaning, laundry, groceries and 2 dogs for a pregnant lady and you got a woman almost in tears! Don't get me wrong Tony is a huge contributor around the house and takes on a lot of the home responsibilities, but who are we kidding, Christy doesn't ask for help. I just dig deep and getter done.
Recently and by that I mean over the past week, I have started to cancel and pare down my weekends, for the first time in a long time, maybe even ever. It nearly killed me, I felt so bad. I hate to disappoint people or not follow through on plans, it honestly eats me up inside if I feel like I have let someone down. (insert tears here)
The big eye opening moment for me was this past Sunday which was suppose to be my Traditional Christmas Decorating day (official Toronto Santa Clause Parade is my green light to spread Christmas through my house), but after a long day the only thing I had energy for was to hang 2 wreaths, and it was on Sunday that I am now following a new plan "A Little Every Day." I am slowly getting comfortable with that, but boy is it hard.

Here are some more memories I wanted to share;
The Pleasant
• Tony felt the baby move on 2 separate occasions last night (November 3rd), he was so excited.
• We official found the perfect name for the baby "My Little Jitterbug" (just like daddy)
• Tony and I have been reading Robert Munsch books to our little Jitterbug
• We "SAW" the baby move (poke) on the morning of November 16th for the first time together

The Funny
• I no longer give myself enough space to close the door in public washroom stalls, as it always skims my belly.
• I have almost lost sight of my feet, which means I have completely lost sight of my............ ya that!.
• Stairs and I are going to have a blowout soon. I never would have thought a regular flight of stairs could completely knock the wind right out of me. The mornings are the worst.
• Bending to put on sock or shoes are mortifying (what with the grunting and huffing that goes along with it) and I seriously come close to breaking a sweat. And have officially "laid off" my High Top Converse.
• I have admitted to using my belly as a drop cloth (or as some would call it a bib)

All my love
Christy Lynn xoxo

3 comments:

andrea said...

I love this blog entry! Enjoy every little kick. It's a pretty awesome feeling.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Hearing about your pregnancy makes me what to laugh, cry, pee my pants etc. I really enjoyed reading this one, with so many similarities for me ;)

loved seeing that belly at the shower, love ya
A

Anonymous said...

Christy, so so funny. I love the way you write. it makes me smile and see things the way you see them. You're such a good story teller. You're going to be such a great mom! Don't worry about a thing. Except for when they poop on your carpet...LIAM, ahhhhh.
Xoxox Andrea

Followers