Thursday, March 1, 2012

Officially on Maternity Leave


Holy Cow Batman! "Maternity Leave" it creeped up so fast and it is met with mixed emotions. I can't believe I am so close to meeting our baby and finally knowing if we have a Lucy Anna-Lynn or a Benjamin Lee. How exciting is this moment going to be! At this point I can only imagine.

Tony and I have used the last 4 weeks to prepare ourselves with us much knowledge as humanly possible. We completed a 4 week prenatal course, watched Ricki Lake's documentary called "The Business of Being Born" and I am now about to devour a breastfeeding resource book.

I would like to call out the fact that I had no idea I had to "deliver my placenta" after the baby is born. Why has no one ever mentioned this before and better yet being in 2 births how did I not notice this. As if!

As I count down my final days of "Bun in the Oven" I have been trying to find things "To Do". You know keeping myself from thinking about the fast approaching baby as well as complete and utter boredom – I spent the latter half of last week getting paperwork in order, and by paperwork I mean my Employment Insurance and our banking finances. I feel such a relief that both are complete and checked off. This week I'm just gonna putter around, nap and rest as much as possible, here's to hoping anyway lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to hear the news. All I can say is what you told me "FIND YOUR CENTERRRR!!!!!!" LOL!!!
You'll rock it Chris...

Sare xo

Followers