Monday, November 3, 2008

What have we been up to.....

Wow, what a busy month we have had. We have officially had our place for 1 month and lots has happened. Some is very visible and some is not. We've had lot of ups and lots of downs. Let me be the first to tell you that the visual satisfaction and the the non-visual are just as important. We have fully completed the venting (heat is sooo good), and the electrical and plumbing is so close to finished I can smell it. With this being our first contracting renovation I had no idea how long projects take. I sadly admit I have accused my fab 3 team of procrastinating and taking too long when in deed they are the hardest working people I have ever met. Emotions are high and desperation to get into our house have made me a little demanding and quick to judge. I not sure at this point how many times I have had to gravel and admit that I'm expecting the impossible.

To my husband, I want to say you are what keeps me going when things get rough and that I have a found respect and proudness for you (more then I thought ever existed in the world). I have worked you so hard this past 3 weeks and you have been overwhelmed with everything I have thrown at you. You kept it together and we are now so close. One more week baby and then we can slow down (I promise).

When Tony and I told people that we were going to encounter a house with extensive renovations the common feedback was that we were going to put a lot of stress on our marriage and a wish of good luck. It is true, the stress that comes with renovation is extreme. But I do have to be honest that I have never loved nor treasured the man I married more then I do right now. We have had disagreement, temper tantrums in the middle of stores as well as post-sponing project we had our heart set on. However all this has brought tony and I closer, we have learned to lean on each other and keep each other close, and of course our communication has hit a new high. I wouldn't trade what we have learned and experienced for the entire universe.

With that said enjoy our new love nest as we are schedualed to move this Saturday.















>

2 comments:

luna pie said...

Oooooh! How exciting! This place really is going to feel like home after all of the blood, sweat and tears that went into it (and are STILL going into it!)

That's amazing that you and Tony are feeling even closer after everything - I'm sure if you can survive this, you can handle anything!

Can't wait to see you, AND your new house in just a few days!!!

Love you!
Sass xoxox

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe what can be done in this short of time. I know you feel like it's been awhile. From an outsiders view it looks like so much has been done. I love the picture of the "solo sink" ready to go and waiting for it's rightful place! :)
xoxoxo
Andge

Followers