Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week 2 of Training

Well, it's week 2 of stepping up the training and while I know that I still have 6 months I think I'm off to a pretty good start. I did as I said I would and I went last Thursday and Saturday. As well as this past Monday and I am scheduled to go again tomorrow and Friday. With my spinning I am also doing Pilate's twice a week. And while I don't feel much different with the exception of being tired and worn out, I really hoped to start feeling the energizing part of being fit. I have to admit that while I have chosen to partake is such an amazing effort to fund an organization to help with research, on a secondary platform I am hoping to start a healthy active life.

I guess I thought this would finally get me over my hurdle of yo yo diets that seem to expire after 3 months. I have these great spurts of weight loss from these silly methods of diets that proclaim to be the problem solver of all over eaters and people looking to lose the last "10 pounds" I feel like the last almost 8 years I have been trying to lose and keep off the last 10 pounds. It's all starting to sound like such a crock of shit.

The real problem is "Over Eating" I LOVE food! All kinds of food and when there is a good meal in front of me the "will power" to push it away is not there. And while I can temporarily beat the urge I can never out last it. I'm so frustrated with this constant struggle of weight and self confidence. I really thought the RIDE might be the way to tone up and slim out, but since my training just over a week ago I have put almost 6 lbs on. This is so discouraging! And while I am told muscle weighs more then fat and that it is probably a result of the spinning, I look in that mirror and I really hate the figure I see staring back at me. I have now gone and measured various areas of the body to monitor and see if at the very least maybe I'm losing inches. Guess time will only tell. But in all honesty I am losing hope. There is no doubt in my mind that I will do and finish this RIDE and be very proud of my accomplishment, but my worry is that the vision I have of what I look like at that finish line is not what is really going to come true.

Well while I'm sure most of this insecurity is probably from watching the Bachelor ;) this is week 2 of training.

Christy

4 comments:

Mary said...

CHRISTY,

You've got a great body and you ALWAYS look great.

Don't give up hope. If your spinning and doing pilates you are DEFINITELY going to see a change in your body. Don't be discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Looking forward to hearing more updates on the rest of your journey.

As the Koreans would say, "FIGHTING".

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Poopers said...

You and your Mother sound exactly the same. She works out all the time, is always worn out and does not like what she sees and her quest to lose weight gets harder and slower each day. All three of you, Nicole as well, are beautiful and what you are doing is not only great for cancer, it will become a milestone in each of your lives that you will share forever. Luv u
Be prode of yourselves because I am prode of all of you.

luna pie said...

I agree with the sentiments here Chris, you are a stunning, beautiful, stylish and creative girl. I love the fact that you can pull off a head wrap, and you have awesome pipes and a hot bod. Don't be discouraged, you are doing something amazing both for yourself and others!!!

I love you,
Sare xo

Followers