Monday, September 5, 2011

EXTRA EXTRA! ONLY SHARED HERE!

The Pregnancy Process,
The process obviously started with the decision to extend our family from 4 (Tony, Gizmo, Tedi and myself) to 5. We made a plan to only concentrate on the first 3 days of “The Ovulation week”. Thus making it a greater chance for a girl. That lasted for about 2 months. When the novelty of peeing on the stick got old and slowly was becoming discouraging. I know we were limiting our chances but I really didn’t think it was going to take more then 1 try. That was until I was hearing more stories of woman trying for well over a year. So month 3 we decided “all in” or “all out”. And it was an all in week. Too bad my phone app was clearly wrong on “The Ovulation week”. And another test negative. Really, this was starting to be not fun anymore. ☹
For our 4th month we decided to buy the ovulation sticks, and as we closed The Ovulation Week out Tony and I made a wish and broke a wishbone we had been saving for the right moment. Funny we felt this was the right moment.


The pee test wait…
2 weeks is way too long even with the 5-Day early pregnancy test. It was the week of the test and I was counting the days to Saturday July 2nd as the day we were Celebrating Poopies ½ Bday. We had a little snag in our plan when on June 28th my work laid me off. Well with bad news the good news always finds away to shine through right. The Saturday eventually came and Tony woke up to walk the dogs. While he was out I ran up tied my hair back and proceeded to pee on the stick. I walked the stick back to the bedroom and the one line came up quickly, I had been here before and put the stick down on the night table. Another month down I thought. I went on FB to see if anyone else in the world was up yet and mostly to distract myself from another month gone by. And I’m not sure why but when I put my phone down I took another look at the test, wait what is that!!!!! Is that another line. I jumped out of bed and opened the blind (it was still a little dark in the room). It’s faint, but it was there, what does that mean? I ran downstairs and grabbed the instructions out of the garbage (yes there are instructions on peeing on a stick) it is confirmed even a faint line is a positive test! I was PREGNANT!


The first announcement…
Well one would think, just grab a microphone and scream it on the top of the highest mountain! Ya, well you don’t have 2 sisters and a mother all wanting to be the first to know. We had the perfect plan. My Poopie would be the first to know! It was his birthday and we thought we could sign the card from Tony, Christy and Baby. ☺
It went more super amazing then I could have thought. There was excitement, tears and very long hugs. Everyone was so overjoyed for us. And for the record they all insisted on knowing right away, so if it feels like a long 8 months for them, it’s their own fault.

5 weeks in
Well, I have now been to the doctors and they have taken enough blood to feed a vampire. I have booked our 1st ultra sound and a meeting with a mid wife clinic. So now we wait. Have I noted “I hate (scratch that) dislike waiting”. – Sorry Moma.
All I can do is sit and be pregnant, not even the good pregnant, the loose skin, cramping, tired, sore breast, feel like I’m not pretty anymore pregnant. Can I remind you that the sitting is even worse when you are unemployed! Minutes feel like days and by this rate I feel like I’m going to be 100 before I give birth. Jokes of course. Don’t forget this is the girl that gets all her presents early and spoils every surprise I’ve had.

This is my question - How does one try to enjoy ones Pregnancy, when all one does is count down 1 more day of ones pregnancy. Hint: one = me

13 weeks in
There are a million things better @13 weeks. I have a job, it is safe to share my news with everyone in the world and I am starting to show in a good baby bump way. FINALLY! I have a beautiful ultrasound picture that shows my baby growing big and strong. What an experience that was, I was very teary eyed and was speechless with the amount of movement my little love bum was making, arms and legs where going crazy. And to see the hands and knuckles on the screen, wow, just wow.
It is wonderful to be closing my 1st trimester out, and although it wasn’t at all bad (with only 1 episode of morning sickness and 1 migraine that snuck through) I am ready to embrace my pregnancy and show off my belly.


Lots of love
Christy Lynn

4 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations, Christy! What an exciting time this must be for you. May your pregnancy continue to be a healthy and happy one.

Sending you and your family many warm wishes and love.

andrea said...

Awww great story Christy!
Looks like we get our ultrasounds at the same place...I'll also be delivering at Mount-Sinai. I know you guys have a different plan.
Enjoy your pregnancy even though you'll want to pull your hair out from time to time :)Oh and especially enjoy all the experts who think tehy know what you're having. hahaha!

andrea said...

Great blog entry Christy! We get our ultrasounds at the same place. I'll also be delivering at Mount-Sinai. I believe you guys have a different plan. Enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can and stay away from the "know it all's"
- every pregnancy is different.
Much love to you, Tony & baby!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, that was so nice to catch up with all your blog stories. so nice to read everything. your pictures look so good.
andge xoxo

Followers