Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Share Circle of Trust

As I am about to bare all the thoughts that go through a woman's mind during this altering process of child bearing, I fear that you will judge me. Please keep in mind that I have ZERO regrets about my choice to grow my family and am at the end of the day very much excited for this new chapter I will share with my husband. I would read this as my comical approach to slight/medium fear of not having a clue on what I am about to encounter... for the REST OF MY LIFE. Can you say "Fake It" till you "Make It".

As I close in on 4 months I have a pretty strong feeling for the word "Sacrifice", and not the offering of food, objects or the lives of animals or people to the gods as an act of propitiation or worship. But more in the sense of giving up some of my simple pleasures in life. Sacrifice sounds like such a strong word for giving up simple pleasures in life, but when you add them all up the word is exactly that... a SACRIFICE!

Here is a list of my sacrifices; Red Wine (although I'm sure my big sister appreciates me not showing up at her house hungover for her children's birthday parties anymore), Cold Cuts (oh how I miss my assorted subway sandwiches), Sushi (yummy salmon and white tuna rolls), Licking the spatula after baking... thats because of the raw egg (heart break non the less), Medium Steak (not that I am enjoying eating hunks of meat right now anyway, but I certainly am not interested in eating it well done with a texture of rubber either), Pineapple and poppy seeds (true story, apparently it causes your uterus to contract, say goodbye to my favourite asparagus dish), "HOT" bubble bath (come on... as if I want to lay in a luke warm might as well be cold tub of water with a good book), my clothes (for one I don't fit into any of them (comfortably that is)).

Oh hell no I'm not done, for a second there I bet you thought I forgot to mention the number 1 sacrifice (no not wine, but depending on the day...) truth be told it's MY BODY. This sacrifice gets a list of it's own. And let me start with the obvious one "bloating weight gain" to say muffin top is an understatement thats for sure. The most frequent urination, the kind that almost makes you want to pull your hair out (I have even tried to bend in half while peeing which was a helpful hint, FYI not so helpful). Oh and the mention of hair, how that makes me cry. When they (they=oh wise ones with positive attitudes) say "Yeah, your hair will grow and be so shiny" everyone thinks about the hair on your head. Why don't you just say stock up on wax strips or learn a great braiding/corn rowing technique. Honestly it grows everywhere and for brunettes you can't get away with "oh that just peach fuzz", or "I've always had a unibrow". Now onto breast, and while you might be thinking "AROOGA!" let me tell you it is far from that. I am pretty sure there is now an even percentage of breast to areola, not to bad you think, except my breast are also twice the size, and the milk ducks... oh dear, I think thats more then enough.

These are the only ones that I can remember for now, sighhhh, I use to be able to recall everything. Non the less you see where I'm coming from or at the very least walk away with a good chuckle, at my expense.

My next post will be the lolly-pops and sunshine of pregnancy (insert mild puking here) Just joking... (on the mild puking of course)

Lots and lots of love
Christy Lynn and Baby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha... ooooh, I so feel for you honey! And yes, growing, birthing and raising babies is hard work, but oh so worth it.
I hear you on the sacrifice the body business... I'm gonna feel like a hippo in heels at the wedding tomorrow!

Love you so much, and hang in there.

Kisses to you and your bump!

Sarah T.

Followers