Monday, February 8, 2010

Prom Season!

As if I didn't feel old enough as it is, my baby sister is graduating high school this year. So I guess you can say this is icing on top of the cake. My little sister is no longer 11 which took me almost 3 years to stop saying. I have begun using anti-wrinkle cream, I have started to wear control top nylons, I cut my hair and gave myself bangs. All signs I'm not ready to grow up. Well besides the fact that I'm so selfish I refuse to even contemplate children. Anyway that's I whole other blog.

I have acquired a grunt when I stand up straight from a bent over position, I apparently watch movies now about old people falling in love (so says my baby sister). And I now have to rotate my bedtimes because I can't be up late two days in a row. :(

All sad and true. So enough about being old and my refusal to grow up lets talk about the PROM!

Ah yes, PROM. Isn't it filled with so much anticipation, and months of envisioning the evening. All from who's going to be your date, to what mode of transportation, who's going to join you in the limo, who's sitting at your table, who's staying in your room ;) Lets be honest though shall we it really all comes down to the DRESS, the SHOES, and of course the HAIR.

Well as the years go bye as much as we change somethings stay the same. This past weekend kicked off the "PROM Dress Shopping" My sisters and I ventured out to all the HOT spots in toronto looking of course for the dress that with fingers crossed you will be the only one wearing that evening. And of course the first ones to buy the dress and describe it too the whole school helps to ensure that you have staked claim to that particular style/color/material.

So with Queen St. completed these are the 2 dresses we have narrowed it down too.



3 comments:

luna pie said...

I am in LOOOOOOOOOOVE with that purple dress, and she just has the perfect body to pull it off!
I'm on the same boat as you, I sometimes still think of my brother as the little dude who used to chase me around the house with brooms and rubber snakes. Ahhh, those were the days!

Congratulations big and little sis!

AND MY GOD BUY THAT PURPLE DRESS!!!

Mary said...

I am also loving the purple dress. BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

White Dress!!!

Followers