Saturday, January 21, 2012

Values, Etiquette, Kindness

So basically I have nothing but time on my hands and I find myself thinking about attributes that I want to in-still into my child. Which ones I would stay strong on, which ones would be nice to have and the ones that if they don't stick I won't lose any sleep over. Right now my brother in law in visiting Vietnam and that brings back memories of the way of life there too. Don't get me wrong I know that right now to say what I will or won't can and probably will change when the baby comes, but at least this can act as a reminder to myself to try a little harder or to stick it out a little longer.

So Here Goes Mommy's Wish list:
• Mind your P's and Q : Please and Thank you's
• Permission to leave the dinner table
• Clean up after yourself (toys/crafts)
• Limited TV privileges - Encourage reading, board games and outdoor activities.
• Greeting/departing family with hugs/kisses
• Holding doors open
• Helping out both at home and in public
• Wait your turn to talk (no interrupting conversations)
• Help out with dinner (setting table, clean up)
• Volunteer/Community Service
• You start it, you finish it!
• Earn your wants (no sense of entitlement)
• Pay if forward
• Don't judge a book by it's cover
• Eat what's put in front of you
• Try it before judging (activities, food)
• Respect your elders

These may sound soldier"ish" as you read them, but 90% of these are all qualities that I have been raised with, and I think I turned out pretty good. In fact I am proud of who I am, what I believe and how I want people to remember me.

All my love,
Christy-Lynn

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Awesome values which should lead to a successfull journey through life...

Followers